Wednesday, December 7, 2022

A Real Practice

"Z, let's start slow, but kick it back in gear in the pool, if you feeling up to it." That was Big T, Tyler Kirk, my training partner. I needed that message and the kicking it back in gear has begun. Slow, yes, but it has begun.

We met Tuesday morning at the little pool. The practice, a real one, went like this:

  600
  6 X 50 r 15
  200 easy
  3 X 50 r 15
  150 cool down
  total: 1,400 yards

The 50s I found tough. I'm not in shape, not in competition shape anyway. After three on the second set, I declared myself done. I didn't want anymore. It is amazing how that works. I can swim for hours up and down that pool, but as soon as it turns to fast 50s on a short rest, it's not long before I want out, before I want to go home and see my cats. But as T said, "It's a start."

At work, we are in exams. I ususally turn into a shepherd, looking for wild sheep. Enough about that. I did get off and went home and shuffled for 3.3 miles. Then I took some rest before going to Plate City Gym.

At the gym, I did push and pull, spent time with Pee Wee, and just generally enjoyed the outdoors. The huge trees that populate our neighbohood, are beautiful when slightly backlit by a darkening winter sky. These views never get old. Soon I will be hearing geese in the sky above. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment