Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Lounging Late

Monday morning found me in the pool lounging late in bed. Sometimes I'm lazy like that. I went to the pool around a quarter 'till nine. An older lady came in and I asked if I would bother her being there. She told me that the ladies aerobics were coming in at nine. What!?!?!? How did I forget that? So I went home and came back after ten. Then I swam

  1,050
  200 for time (3:12)
  2 X 50 back
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 for time (:42)
  50 back
  300 easy
  50 back
  total: 1,850 yards

You might notice that this was the first time I did any quality in a while. It actually felt good to push a little bit. The 200 hurts, but it's short. It's also one of the events I compete in. The 3:12 I swam is not a good time, but it's about what I expected at my current level of fitness. I'll check in at that distance from time to time.

After that, it was lunch time and Penny and I ate leftovers. Then I rested some before going out for a shuffle. I ran 3.51 miles in the drizzly-looking weather. I loved it. What we call bad weather primes us for what we call good weather.

This was the third Monday of the  month so we went to Over 60s at Itta Bena Baptist. The fish was good, the entertainment was good, the fellowship was good. Gerald went with us, and it was good to hang out with him. He brought me a JJ Fergeson cap, a nice-looking one.

So the week started well. I did not make it to Plate City.

No comments:

Post a Comment