Saturday, September 22, 2012

Bad Hair Robin and Long Run

I didn't even think about going to the pool today. My taper for the Suck has started, although I still got in a decent amount of yardage this week. I didn't do the DSU Tri because I just didn't want to get up, opting instead to sleep in and drink extra coffee on the back patio where I was joined by a robin for breakfast. Notice that she looks a little haggard. She was only four feet from me while one of our cats napped in a chair nearby. Poor thing was obviously hungry. The economy must be bad for birds as well as us.

When I finally drank the coffee pot dry, I hunted up my running shoes and went for what, by my present standards, is a long run. I got a lot of dirt under my shoes running river banks and turn rows. I only managed eight miles at an embarrassingly slow pace, but eight miles is the most I've done in years.

Thank you God. I had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment