Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good Food Weekend Possible

My wife took a couple of vacation days and she and her mom went to Nashville to see Penny's brother. I am sitting home, hanging out with the animals and realizing that I have an opportunity to go a whole week now without eating out. Penny and I always go out on Friday and we also eat out for Sunday lunch. I have become convinced that every single time you eat out, you gain weight no matter what you order. With the chance to stay out of restaurants, I should lose some weight.

Another advantage is the house is very quiet and I have had a chance to work on the presentation I have to make for my Humanities Teacher of the Year award. I am actually looking forward to this as I have chose as my topic, "The Confluence of Avocation and Vocation." In short, I will detail my play and how it affects my pay. Life is good.

As far as training goes, I don't have to worry about getting home before the wife gets antsy. Randy wants to swim the pond Saturday, and I want to do a long run. Now I have time to do both.

Today I did

Squat 12 X 30
Squat 10 X 40
Immediately ran 4.03 miles and walked .59 miles
Squat 6 X 50
Squat 6 X 55

I went to Twin Rivers and did a simple 2,300 straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment