Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday Summary

I took it easy Friday, but Saturday was a huge day. Randy and I met at the pond with the plans to swim about five-miles without a feeding. We were just starting lap six when a fish collided with my right hand. I felt the fin go into the flesh of my right hand below the thumb. The pain was immediate and excruciating, and the hand would not move for probably twenty-minutes. It was not too easy to swim out with one arm and a paralyzed hand. The swim was over for me. Randy finished lap six and got out. I made 3.9 miles before I tapped out due to fish fin submission. The pain lasted about an hour and then faded rapidly.

I went home, bathed, doctored and soaked the hand and napped. After some good college football, I got up and went for a run. My legs were seriously tired, but I kept shuffling aiming for eight or more miles. I got in 8.5 and although the pace was embarrassingly slow, I threw in some T pace intervals and even just a bit of speed work.

For the week, I swam 13,145 meters, ran 23,94 miles, and lifted weights both upper and lower body.

No comments:

Post a Comment