Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Summary

For the first time in a long, long time, I got in twenty-miles of running this week. It always seemed to me that twenty-miles was were I started coming around, getting in shape, building a base. I do not plan to up my mileage over a tenth of a mile or two for several weeks to come. I am just as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine to be able to run that much after a little over three and one half years of injury issues.

I also got in 26, 547 meters of swimming and a long swim of 8.17 miles. Like the twenty-miles of running, 20,000 metes of swimming was always my endurance threshold. Swimming that much, I can knock off some real mileage if the occasion arises. To get my double twenty, twenty-miles of running and 20,000 + metes of swimming in one week, established a first for me. I hope it's not the last.

I did no biking but did get in one good weightlifting session. For the year I have

Run: 388.8 miles
Swum: 645,547.57 meters  = 401.2 miles
I am 150,201 meters ahead of last year's swimming and 1.48 miles of running behind last year.

With the Oaks coming up, I hope to get in another twenty-miles of running and a long swim of over 8.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment