Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Suck Drawing Near

After running the Oaks Saturday, I realize that what I have been calling T pace (tempo) was only M pace (marathon). I guess that's one reason a person should race now and then. It's OK because M pace is as fast as I need to run right now anyway. Monday, I shuffled an easy 2.7 in the rain. The temp was about 65 and at that it was no problem staying warm. Due to the rain, I did not, however, lift weights.

Tuesday I did a 6.3 miler with a one-mile M pace thrown in starting at 4.13. I feels good to open it up a little now and then. At that pace, my legs don't get beat up too bad and the fatigue level doesn't get too high. I went to DSU and we did

1,000 warm up
400 fins and paddles
2 X 200 fins @ 3:00
4 X 100 swim @ 2:00
8 X 50 @ 1:00
250 back kick with fins
16 X 25
300 small paddles
Total: 3,550 yards = 3,244.7 meters

Wednesday I did an easy 2.21 and then six box jumps. At Twin Rivers, I swam

1,000
11 X 100 @ 2:00
400 easy
Total: 2,500

The water wasn't too bad. I didn't measure it, but I guess low 70s. After the rain and the 40 degree nights, I expected worse which is really what I need seeing the Suck is here in just over two weeks now. The water there is cold and I am not putting on weight this year to deal with hypothermia. Last year, it took me two weeks to put on ten pounds and then forty five weeks to take it off. No joke. I will be interesting to see how I react. The temp is supposed to hit forty again tonight so I will swim outdoors tomorrow. By Friday, the catfish pond should be pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment