Friday, December 7, 2018

Friday Morning

It is Friday morning, and the day lies before me like an open road waiting for me to come and drive. What will I make of this opportunity at life. Friday, everyday is a gift from from God and should be treated as such. I do have plans.

Right now, besides my computer, I have a cat on my left side and a hot mug of coffee on my right. This is how I like to begin a  day. There is a bill I need to pay and I have an appointment with a financial adviser. Dad used to  fill that role and this is just one of many ways I miss him. When it came to matters of money, his word was gold to me.

After the business, I plan to go to the:

  a) gym
  b) dentist office
  c) pool

Yeah, the plan is to bust out over 6,000 yards. It's been a good swimming week. Today should make it better.Thursday was a good one. I swam

50 (equipment adjustment)
1,500
then I did a set of the following all on a 2:00 base:
400
300
200
100
50
50  After that I swam
250 medium paddles followed by 50s @ 1:16 
4 X 50 large paddles
4 X 50 medium paddles
4 X 50 small paddles
total: 3,500 yards.

I am not sure what shape today's big swim will take. I might just make it up as I go. The key concept for my Friday swims is volume. During the rest of the week, I am striving to regain my lost speed. I'll let you know if I get it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment