Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Start of the Week

I started the week with that new motivation i wrote about yesterday. The water was 90 degrees hot but what else is new? I have water. Monday I swam a total of 3,050. I wrote about that one already. Tuesday, I did 

100 (equipment adjustment)
1,300
5 X 50 @ 1:06
200 medium paddles
5 X 50 @ 1:09
200  medium paddles
5 X 50 @ 1:12
850 small paddles
total: 3,400 yards.

Notice the change in interval times. I am looking for the right interval, one that gives me plenty of rest but doesn't waste time. Later, when the speed is built (I hope), I will cut the rest time down to work on heart rate and lactic acid neutralization. 

Trevor texted and said he had to work late so he couldn't workout, but I was  already out of the pool or I would  have done another 1,000 or more. Anyway, I decided to do a swim session at Plate City. I did walking curls and the Swim Pull and lat pull downs, etc, stuff to target the swimming muscles. Now I am itching to get back into the water. My 50s were not any faster, but that is still the goal. Than you, Lord. Goals are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment