Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Pool Matters

I have a new focus: the pool. As a result I did something last week I haven't done in about two years or more. I placed an order with SwimOutlet and my new toys arrived Saturday afternoon. I had already swum for the day so I didn't get play with them then. Monday was the start of exam week so I was not even sure I could swim at all. I worked until 5:00 and then Trevor wanted to work out so we hit the weights for some serious bench pressing. I did

10 X 95
10 X 115
6 X 142
6 X 142
6 X 142
3 X 147
7 X 137

That's seven sets plus I did some other stuff, especially on the tubing, working on the rotator cuff muscles and the fast twitch pulling muscles for swimming. In the last post I related that I think that work is beginning to pay off. Since it was still early, I decided to go on to the pool even though I don't like to swim after lifting. At the pool, I swam

1,600
500 for time (7:53, last week it was 8:23)
200 small paddles
100 kick with fins (one of my new toys from SwimOutlet)
4 X 50 medium paddles @ 1:12
4 X 50 large paddles @ 1:16
50 for time (:38, this is more evidence that my weights, tubing work, and sprints are reaping a harvest)
4 X 25 extra large paddles (more new toys, these things are HUGE)
200 swim with fins
total: 3,100.

A pretty good day considering I was not even sure I could swim due to the craziness of the exams Thank you,Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment