Saturday, December 29, 2018

One More Time

I did it again. Friday had been my long swim day for the past few months and for good reason: I'm off work and have more time. Since I've been off for the holidays, however, I have been swimming long on Thursday. I don't know why; it's just when I want to do it. And like a lot of things in life, to do it begins with wanting to. 

This Thursday, I started with a long, exaggerated warm up of

5,000 1:31:51 (1:49)

That works the all-day swimming muscles as well as the aerobic and fat-burning enzymes within the muscle cells. After that it was 

6 X 100 @ 2:05
3 X 50 @ 1:09
25 breast/25 free
500 small paddles
400 medium paddles
total: 6,700 yards +6,123 meters.




I don't think I have ever swum that far this time of year. Having the Twin Rivers indoor pool has been a Godsend. I am a bit worried that I may be peaking too soon. But live and learn.

Thank you, Jesus for the pool, the health, and the time to swim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment