Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Tuesday

After a big training day Monday, I wanted another Tuesday. I was at the Moorhead campus all day giving exams, reading bad essays, and making one schedule. When I found a high gear and headed east, I was wound as tight as a two dollar watch.

I got home and tried to unwind. Trevor texted that he was working late so I decided to hit the pool hard and drop the weights. As usual, I had the pool all to myself and swam

1,650 31:01

Then I did what I have named a drop set that morphed a little from last week. It is swum on a 2:00 base starting with 400, dropping to 300, then 2,00. Last week I went to 100 and 2 X 50. This week I inserted a 150 in the mix to up the whole set to 1,250. I also cut a couple of seconds off the first rest interval and one second off the second. That made little or no difference since I swam the 400 about 20 seconds faster than last Tuesday. It is a nice set that works endurance, speed, and stamina. I will take some more time off the early intervals for next week and add another 100. I'll keep adjusting this thing until I create a monster that I can do. The drop set looked like this:

400 6:33
300 4:52
200 3:09
150 2:25
100 1:33
50 :44
50 :47
total for set = 1,250

After the drop set, I did a straight 700 with small paddles and then a kick set with fins of 3 X 50. The swimming amounted to 3,600 yards. This is only my second kick set of the comeback, and I am cramping like a mean woman. It will get better. I hope. I enjoyed the swim, and felt refreshed, like all the frustration of the day were washed away as I left the pool. Thank you, Lord Jesus for letting me swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment