Monday, January 31, 2022

BBU 12

I had another pretty solid training week. Like everyday, Monday started at the gym. We did our benches and for some reason, I was weaker than usual. I was not able to get five reps on the fifth set. In fact, I was not able to get four reps. I barely completed three without having to be saved by my partner. 

For road work, I did 3.61 miles. I don't remember where. I am writing in the back of last year's training diary because getting rid of those mean tweets is rapidly rendering our America into a third-world country. I ordered a new one from Turnrow Book Company January 2. I have checked with them often. They say that is how things are now.

At the pool, I swam 3,200 yards. Was Tyler there? Heck if I know. Who can keep up with stuff like that in a third-world country? I don't have enough writing material to record that so I am typing this off tiny scribbling on back pages of a filled-up diary. Sigh.

Tuesday, we lifted again. I ran 3.33 miles, and swam 1,900 yards. No, I don't have any detail about the swim. In our new America, those things just don't exist anymore.

Wednesday, we lifted, I ran 2.78 miles, and swam 2,742 meters. Don't ask me to explain why I recorded meters. In a third-world country, consistency is hard like that.

Thursday we lifted. On the road I did 8.4 miles, and in the water I swam 3,153 meters. I am pretty sure Tyler did this one with me, and we hit it hard and hit it right. We are good like that.

Friday, besides the gym work, I shuffled 2.09 miles and swam with John for 2,400 yards.

Saturday we lifted at 8:00 a.m. Much later I went to the pool for a mere 1,450 yards. I forced myself out the door for a tipper around the neighborhood for 2.23 miles. And Sunday, all I do is preach, rest, study, and take a really short shuffle. I went 1.53 miles.

For the week, I

ran 23.97 miles,
lifted weights five times,
swam 14,061 meters, and
Ski Ergged for 21:35

That is a pretty good week. Not great. Not very good, but a little better than average good. A gift of God. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment