Saturday, March 18, 2023

Making Pee Wee Happy

Since I did not go to the City Thursday, I was eager to make Pee Wee happy Friday. And I knew how to do that. There are several ways to accomplish that goal. One of them was to have good numbers from the pool. Vicki and I had already agreed to a straight swim at noon, so that's what we did. I went 3,800 yards in 1:13:55 (1:57). 

Why stop so soon you ask?

I had some sensations in my left pectoral muscle.

Sensations?

Yeah. Funny feelings. They spooked me a little. I had a pec injury in my right side once, and it hindered my training for months. I thought, better sorry than safe, so I shut it down. I wanted at least 3,300, and I had that already. Friday's swim gave me my biggest swim-training week of the year. 

Vicki?

She did 2,100 plus 200. That was her longest non-stop swim of her life. If she keeps training with me, she is going to be a champion at the Senior games this year.

After that?

I went home, ate, and rested. Late afternoon, I decided to run at the City. That would give Pee Wee lots of time to digest my numbers and give me advice. So I set up a circuit of treadmill running, and lifting, both push and pull. I did the chest-supported row, the lateral raise, the overhead press machine, and reverse fly, the Swim Pull, standing curls, and lots of calve stretching.

Pee Wee was happy with my numbers. We watched Gold Rush on TV, and he told me to keep putting in the effort. Next week will be re-adjustment, he said, but I must not drop the ball.

Re-adjustment?

Yeah, I go back to work.

I went inside and Penny picked up takeout from China Blossom. It was good yeah, and it was nice to eat at home. She likes to do that from time to time, and so do I. But how I miss eating inside that restaurant. They have been takeout only since COVID.

Right now as I type this, I am sipping coffee, watching the sky lighten behind a curtain of trees, and waiting for our Baby Girl and granddaughter to get here. We are spending the day together, and I am excited. I will drive, pay, and listen to the banter. I will cherish the banter. Don't worry, I will write about it. Training? Maybe I'll do some parking lot shuffling. I know I will do some big-time eating wherever they want to go. I can't wait. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment