Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Neighbors Now

Tuesday was a conjested day. While I had plans for a big swim, Penny and I had a Gideon banquet scheduled for that night. That, of course, meant training time would be seriously compromised. As usual, I would have to do the best I could.

After work, I wasted no time in changing and getting to the pool. I met Vicki there and we swam

  1,000 20:59:
  6 X 50 @ 2:00
  100 easy
  300 for time 5:14
  300 middle 100 fast 5:49
  300 first and last 100 fast 5:37
  300 every other 50 fast 5:47
  300 easy 6:19
  500 small paddles
  250 back
  total: 3,650 yards

Back home, I had only time to rest some and then get ready to leave. We met at the Community Center in Carrollton. The event was catered by Guys Fish House. It was real. It was good. And it was real good. We had a nice program that did not over tax anyone. To make things even better, I saw an old friend I had not seen in many years, maybe 20. Tom Bingham, who recently began pastoring Valley Hill Baptist was there. It was a joy to see him and chat with him. Many times over the years I had wondered where he was. Now we are neighbors now with our churches being only about ten miles apart, both in Carroll County.

No comments:

Post a Comment