Wednesday, March 1, 2023

What a Name, Huh?

It was one of those days when I did not feel like doing a lot. I have those. Frequently. After work, I went out for a shuffle. My legs felt totally unfit, and I barely did 3.25 miles. And I'm supposed to do a 50K Saturday!?!??!?

I rested some before I went to the pool. There, Vicki and her daughter, Laura, were swimming. They had a dry erase board with their practice writtne on it in beg letters. Geeze. I tucked into the inside lane and swam

  1,150
  250 4:07
  200 3:18
  200 3:19
  50 :45   The 250 through the 50 were all @ :30 rest
  150 easy
  2 X 25 no breath
  150 back
  total: 2,200 yards

No, I did not feel like going to Plate City. Yes, I did go to Plate City. There I performed a pull workout, but a different kind. I focused on the Elevated Bench Y Row. What a name, huh? I made that up. I have been feeling some strain and tightness in and under my left shoulder blade after tough swim practices. Although I have long been doing some heavy pulling movements, I concluded that these are not getting the job done to protect me in long swims. I hypothesized that my lower trapezious muscles are week so I did this new movement to address that problem. Will it work? Only time will tell.

So I did the Elevated Bency Y Row and lots of corator tuff movements, and then I went inside. In the house, I prepared for Wednesday's classes, my long day, remember? How can I forget? you ask. Good point.

No comments:

Post a Comment