Saturday, March 25, 2023

Tapering?

I spent Friday tapering for the Viking Half Marathon. How do you do that? you ask. Not very well, I fear. Not very well at all. Actually, I had no plans to taper. I decided to run the Viking for fun, for training, for, well, because it's here. How can I not support a home-town race? 

Friday, Vicki and I met at the pool around 10:15. The plan was to do a straight swim. I swam 4,000 yards and Vicki swam 2,600 which was her longest straight swim ever. That brought my week's total to over 17,000 yards. 

I went home and rested. Then I went to Plate City. I had not been there but once all week, so I did push and pull. Vicki dropped by to show me a Bible she had bought for her grandson and to ask me some questions. "You're running Viking tomorrow. Shouldn't you be resting?" she asked after finding me hitting the iron at the City.

"Probably."

But I got some good work in and spent time with Pee Wee. I didn't get around to running because I simply ran out of hours. After a shower, Penny and I headed for Grenada for dinner. We went to the Smokehouse Grill, our second trip there. I ordered a burger. Yeah, I do that sometimes. With the dish of crawfish tails we added, I left plenty full. Penny got some kind of rib plate, and it was enough to feed a fourteen year old boy.

So at home, I went to bed after first setting my alarm for 6:00. The Viking Half starts at 7:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment