Thursday, November 8, 2018

Limited Success

Limited success. That is how Hades Week has gone thus far. I have not seen the water, but I plan to go tonight.I have run the last three nights so after Plate City today, I will head to the pool instead of the road in the dark.

Yesterday, Trevor and I had a good workout. I reluctantly went for a run. I say reluctantly because my knees felt gimpy Tuesday night. Despite Tuesday's troubles, the middle hing of me aged legs felt fine as I shuffled along at just a tad faster than a quick walk. I went for 4.1 which is my longest of the comeback. That also brings me to my highest wee's total this year, still low, but creeping upwards. There is no doubt that I have gained some sort of fitness, or am gaining might be more accurate. I was pleased with the shuffle and felt good afterwards. By feeling good, I had that smooth feel that a run of the right length gives. It washes away all nervousness, agitation, fatigue, and frustration. I guess it's the endorphins along with a lot of blood pumping. That's one reason I always like to run. It makes me feel good, healthy, whole.

Tonight, I plan to hit the pool big time. It's hard to know how I will feel, but I hope to swim around 4,000 yards or more. We'll see. Thank you, Jesus for a nice run and returning health.

No comments:

Post a Comment