Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Slow Start

For me, the term "slow start" usually refers to Friday mornings when I lounge longer, drink more coffee, and start the free day slowly, leisurely, at my own pace. For this title it means the week, and my training. I got home from work in pletny of time to make it to the pool. But I lay down on the bed, turned on the Feinbaum Show, and got comfortable as CC hopped up in my lap and began to purr. That is where I stayed for the rest of the afternoon.

Besides growing lazy, I have a huge skin rip in the palm of my right hand put there digging Jeff's grave. Yes, I had gloves. I tried swimming Saturday night, but it was more painful than I was willing to endure.

Trevor came over and we did lift, but that is all. No swimming, and no running. LEarly last week, I hit my lowest weight of the year. Already the scale numbers are trending upward. I need running for my weight. Without it, I have never been able to keep the belly flat. Sigh.

The hand hurt even bench pressing. I had to adjust my grip in an awkward way to keep the bar off the raw part of my palm. I hope to swim today, but I am not sure I can. I plan to try putting a patch of duct tape over the wound and see if that will give me some relief. If I can't swim, I fear I will fall back into the pit. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment