Friday, August 20, 2021

Another Class!!!!

I have fallen off a bit in posting. Busy. Tell you about it? OK, I will.

We are back in school. This time, however, I have two three new classes. By new I mean classes I have never taught before. I picked up Beginning and Intermediate English when my old "work wife" as she called herself left the school, left town, heck, she even left the state. She and her real husband moved to Colorado to be near their only child. They are living in a palatial manse in the mountains, 8,000 feet of elevation. Deer play in the yard. I am sure cougars lurk in the woods nearby. I am mildly jealous. I want to visit

Then Wednesday I picked up a night class, another course that I have never taught: Employment Readiness. This one is going to work me most. The writing classes are all skills courses and they all bear a certain familial resemblance. I can get out of bed and walk into any of them right now and start teaching. Provided I have a cup of coffee and put my pants on, of course.

Employment Readiness, however, is a content course, and I will be studying constantly for it. Ouch. But hey, I have a full load which means a full paycheck. And I am busy doing what I love to do: teaching, interacting with students, and meeting new people. No, I am not a people person. I am, in fact, an extreme introvert. But my job is good for me, it makes me get out of my own skin and talk to people, be around them, get comfortable. I dread retirement because I predict I will become a hermit. Seriously, that is my biggest fear.

On the third day back at school, I swam 2,350 yards in the little pool, ran 2.11 miles, and did leg work at Plate City. On the fourth day of Christmas back at school, I only swam. Time was tight. I got out of class, went to the little pool and did 2,450 yards, went home, changed clothes, and prepared some more for my Thursday night class. I had five of the seven students who are on the role to show up. 

Training is going to be tough this semester. How to get it all done? Seven classes, seven preps, a night course. Plus I am behind on all sorts of stuff, paper work for the school. Sigh.

Anyway, life is good and so is God. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment