Monday, August 16, 2021

HOD 3

HOD 3 was a light week. I had to work a lot, and I did the best I could. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Monday, I shuffled 1.66 miles after I had gone to the pool and swum 1,700. I lifted that afternoon to make for a pretty good start.

Tuesday, however, I began to fall off. At the pool, I swam 2,000 straight as a 1,000 warmup, then 800 as 50 fast/50 easy, followed by 200 meters of cooldown. I did not run, but I did lift. 

Wednesday I failed to swim. If I remember correctly, I was tired and just did not want to get out of bed. I ran 5.41 miles (feel the guilt?), but did nothing else.

Thursday I swam 2,100 and smashed the weights at Plate City. I'm hitting the barbell like I'm mad at that thing.

Friday I did not swim. I had to be in the office pretty early and did not want to get up before daylight. I shuffled an easy 1.32 and lifted at the gym.

Saturday, I ran while Mike Ellis was working on my truck. I got in 4.73 miles, and did a huge lifting session at Plate City.

For the week, I

swam 5,800 meters,
ran 13.12 miles,
lifted weights five times, and
did 13:12 on the New Swim Machine.

All of the beats Randy Beets and probably beats the old men at the Mississippi State Senior Olympics. But it was nowhere near where I want to be. This week, I hope to do better. Help me, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment