Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Back at Work

Starting back to work week is always a mixed bag for me. On one hand, I am excited. A new semester brings with it the promise of a new beginning, an opportunity to learn from the past, a chance to do it better. On the other hand, training takes a hit. Suddenly I have to scramble to fit things in, to get it done. Monday, I went to the pool at 7:00 a.m. I only did 1,700 total meters with a 5 X 100 @ 2:23. What a wimp. I tapped.

Then I went to work, first at the Greenwood Center, then to campus for a meeting. After work, I rested and chose to go to the gym first. It was heavy bench day, and I did not perform well. It went like this:

  12 X 45
    6 X 67
  4 X 100
  2 X 122
  1 X 140
  1 X 152
  2 X 152
  1 X 150
  1 X 152
  1 X 152

This is the program where you go heavy with 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. When you can get the 5, you up the weight. Last week, I made the 5 on the fifth set. I only went up two pounds. I pulled that off with a pair of 11-pound plates in place of 10-pound plates. I almost missed on the second set. Ones were all I could get after that. That was a bit distressing, but we will see what happens next week. Besides the bench press, I did the seated row, lateral raises, and one set of overhead dumbbell presses.

I ran after the gym, only going 1.66. While I was out there, I remembered that I had not done the New Swim Machine so when I got in, I went straight back to Plate City and did 3:05.

So I got the three workouts, but they were all a little short except for the weights

No comments:

Post a Comment