Sunday, August 15, 2021

Slimish Saturday

Saturday morning I had an appointment to get a receiver hitch put on my truck at 9:00. To redeem the time, I dressed in my running clothes and shoes and did a shuffle while Mike Ellis worked on the truck. I looped through the cemetery, then up the side of Highway 82 to the Carroll County line. After that, I crossed the road and ran back with a few short side excursions along the way. I finished with 4.73 miles, and the truck was ready when I got back to Mike's shop.

Back home, I rested. Later in the day, around noon, I went to Plate City and did legs. For the first time in a long time (maybe two years), I did yoke squats. This is one of the things I set Plate City Extended up for. I hit three sets for 168, 208, and 218 pounds. Also, I did 3:30 on the NSM. In addition, I did some shoulder work for three shoulder days this week. Yes, I thought about swimming, but I never found one of those round things. What are they? You know, it's a, uh, a roundtoit, yeah. I never found a roundtoti. Besides, there are other things to do.

So the day was a bit slimish, but not totally so. I did two workouts. That's not as good as three but better than a poke in the eye. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment