Monday, August 2, 2021

HOD 1

My normal post title for my weekly review would be: 7/26 - 8/1. However, due to my Heart O' Dixie fever, I am focusing training on being the fastest swimmer at the HOD in 2022. So each week, I will post my training in my attempts to reach my goal. Last week was week number one in my buildup to the next 

Monday, I started with a bang, swimming 6,100 yards, running 7.3 miles, and lifting weights like a champion. Tuesday, I continued by going 4,100 meters in the big pool but shuffling only 1.51 miles. Yes, I lifted weights and made some big improvements to the gym, improvements that will help me reach my goal. 

Wednesday I swam 4,450 with no running. I did, however, begin to use my secret weapon that I am now only calling my New Swim Machine (NSM). I did it for 1:15. Thursday, I made 4,800 in a straight swim. In addition to that, I lifted heavy and did 1:31 on the NSM. 

Friday, I swam 3,450, ran 1.54, and did more big lifting. On the NSM, I lasted 1:45. Saturday, I swam in the little pool and practiced dive starts among other things. My total yardage was 2,950. I also did a short run of1.26 miles, and a short session at Plate City. The NSM time was 2:00. 

For the week, I

  ran - 11.61 miles,
  NSM - 6:30 minutes,
  lifted weights - five times, and
  swam - 25,071 meters.

That's good training right there, Chicot level volume. But I need to up the quality. I did some quality but not nearly enough. For the next several weeks, I will not make such a push for big numbers, but I will work the 100s. I think 20,000 per week is enough. I need to get back to my 20 X 100, which I can't even pull off right now. At least I can't do it on 2:00 in a long course pool, and it used to be my favorite set.

Thank you, Jesus, for good work, good opportunities, and good goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment