Sunday, August 22, 2021

Saturday

I went to the pool, but didn't do a whole lot. I swam a 1,100 for a warmup, did a brick kick followed by 150 medium paddles, and then did some 50s on 1:30. I finished with 1,550 yards to cap off a decent but not great week of swimming.

Plate City came in the late afternoon after I had gone to the old house for some yard work and done other things like study for Sunday. Centerville is taking off again for COVID. We have had a number of people exposed and one sick so we are trying now to get past everyone's quarantine period. 

At the gym, I did pull and some small leg work. On the leg work, all I did was four sets of Yoke squats. I am slowly working the weight up on that. I hit 232 pounds for four reps. I can feel that. Also, I used my tractor weight for the first time. Tractor weight? Yeah, one of those things farmers put on the front of their tractors to keep the front tires on the ground. It has a hand handle for moving it and weight a solid 100 pounds. So I lifted this thing with one hand and used it to shrug with. Think about it. Holding a 100 pound weight with one hand means that the oblique muscles on the opposite side are working like crazy to keep you from falling over sideways. I felt it in the core and in the traps. Nice move.

I did some chest-supported rows, pullups, a touch of shoulder work, and the Swim Pull. My pullup is starting to come back. I could not do them for a long time because they bothered one of my shoulders. Then, I could barely make one. This week, I was a little stronger than last week. I have been working the chinup for a while. Now I alternate between the two moves, chins on the first pull day of the week, and pullups on the second pull day.

No, I did not get around to running. It has not been a good week for that. But next week, I will finally face my normal schedule for the rest of the semester. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment