Tuesday, March 8, 2022

100s in the Pool

Monday morning, Tyler, Vicki, and I started our next mini-training cycle. We lifted heavy and only later did I remember that we were supposed to max out and de-load this week. When I mentioned it to Tyler in the pool that night, he suggested we move it back one week. Good idea. While we were out there, the light that had arrived turned dark, a transformer blew, and then wind picked up to frightening levels. I thought we were about to get tornadoed. 

On the road, I only shuffled 1.32 miles. My legs were still toast from Saturday, scary toast. Maybe they will bounce back soon. I went out Hades Road, but turned early. I'll take it easy at least one more day.

In the pool, we busted out an all-star practice. We warmed up with 1,650 yards. Then for the main, set we swam 16 X 100 @ 2:16. How about that? We are adding a rep or two each time we do that set and cutting a little bit off the interval. That is density training. Although we only cut one second per rep off the interval, by the time we got to 14 (the number we did last week), that amounted to swimming the 15th rep 15 seconds sooner than we would have. We cooled down with 200, then Tyler wanted to bump it up to 3,500 so we did another 50. It was a good one. The 100 repeats are tough but effective. They will get you in shape to swim fast, to swim hard, and to swim long.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment