Monday, March 28, 2022

BBU 20

The training continued last week as the Crazy Man Quadrathon drew one week closer. Monday I rose to meet my partner in the gym and we hit it hard there. In the water, however, I got out after only 900 yards. I don't remember why such a short swim. With the exception of a few cold water dips done years ago, I am sure I have never swum shorter. On the road, I was short there also. I shuffled 1.83 miles.

Tuesday we lifted again. On the road, I worked for 3.21 miles, and in the pool Tyler and I busted out 3,400 yards. 

Wednesday was more weight training and a little bit of running with 2.07 miles worth. After that, I hit the stationary for 30:17. It is time to start picking that up. Quadrathon involves 55 miles of riding. Without proper training, that is a long, long way. I remember that I skipped the pool due to severe fatigue. 

Thursday is our sleep in morning from the gym. Tapering for the Viking, I cut the roadwork to 1.02 miles. In the pool, Tyler and I did 3,200 yards of some pretty tough stuff.

Friday was weights, 1.03 miles of running, and 1,050 yards of swimming. The air was bad at the little pool, and I couldn't take it so I got out early and went home.

Saturday was the Viking Half Marathon. I'll do a full write up on it later.  We walked over, did the race, and walked home. That was a pretty solid day. Later, I went to Plate City for some easy squats, some SKiergging, and ten minutes on the stationary bicycle.

Sunday I did my obligatory 1.02 easy miles.

For the week, I

  swam 7,542 meters,
  lifted weight five times,
  ran 23.29 miles,
  cycled 40:17 minutes, and
  Skiergged 25:33

Beside being a little short on the swimming, that was a decent week. I did pick the cycling up a bit. Now I have to pick it up a lot. It's time. Also, I need to get the swimming numbers back up. Overall, besides my weight, I am pretty fit. But I am not fit enough for the Quad. The Quad cometh. Praise the Lord for health, for a training partner, and for a good goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment