Sunday, March 6, 2022

Good before it Wasn't

Saturday was OK before it wasn't. I slept in, studied, and finally dragged out for a longish run. I think it qualified for a real long run. I went 12.5 miles. After that, Penny and I went to the old house and did some stuff. We have a goal to be finished moving by the end of next week.

In the late afternoon, I went to the gym. I did some light leg work, some deadlifting, some Skiergging, and a little bicycling. Jarrod Barrentine had called just before I went out there and told me that the doctors at St. Dominic's had called in the family of our friend and church member, Jason Campbell. That had me in a somber mood. Usually when I workout late in the afternoon, I turn the TV on. But this time, however, I opted for quietness. I listened to the birds, watched the clouds pass over, petted Pee Wee, and pondered the preciousness of life. 

I was only a couple of sets into the workout when Jarrod called back. Jason Campbell had passed. I was shocked, hurt, and sat down on an exercise bench and cried. I never dreamed when I saw him at church two weeks ago that it would be the last time. Penny said then that she thought he looked tired, but I didn't notice. Cherish your loved ones. You never know when the last time you will see them will be.

I have no more words, only a sad heart. Pray for his family and friends. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment