Thursday, March 31, 2022

Tuesday and Wednesday

Tuesday Tyler and I started the day at Plate City. We did our push workout. In addition to that, we upped the Skierg to 5:05. Each week we have been adding five seconds to that exercise. Also, Simon installed another light at the City and the base for a real heavy bag hanger. Earlier I had purchased a used bag and a hanger. It was not a smart acquisition on my part. Eventually I threw the old hanger away and bought the real deal from Titan Fitness. This one has a heavy metal base that bolts to a concrete floor. So Plate City is still moving forward.  Simon said to let the bolts cure for two days before hanging the bag. As soon as the bag is installed, I will supply pictures.

I ran 3.21 miles but did not swim because we had a Gideon's Preachers' banquet to attend at Guy's in Vaiden. We ate some good fish, had a nice program, and got to see a lot of our preacher acquaintances. To make it all better, the tree frogs sang while we ate. Perfect.

Wednesday morning we were back in the well-lit Plate City pulling and Skiergging. I was moving slow, still drowsy from the too much good food the night before. Tyler was moving slowly also. The Viking Half Marathon appeared to be still following us around kicking our hinder parts. But we got it done. We may have moved slow between sets. But we did our sets, and we did them well.

When I went inside and looked at my phone, I had a text that all MDCC classes had gone virtual for the day. That did not make me mad. When you are meeting face-to-face and then go virtual for a day, it is not a big deal. Going virtual for a semester is a big deal. So I did my work and dedicated the rest of the day to coffee, cats, and exercise. I ran 3.73 miles and then met Tyler at the pool. We swam

  1,500
  3 X 50 breast
  50 easy back
  200 for time 3:07
  total: 1,900 yards

We had much more planned, but tapped out early because both of us had some discomfort in our shoulders. You know what they say: Better sorry than safe. We may be a bit gimpy in more ways than one, but we are still in the game and Quadrathon draweth near. Please pray, please follow, and please financially support our efforts to help the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi.

No comments:

Post a Comment