Saturday, March 12, 2022

Strong Friday

Friday is my day. The crew and I met up at Plate City at 5:30. Remember the lights I wrote about yesterday? We used them, and they were nice. I did not need my little flashlight that I use when I write in my log book. Friday is our double day, remember? So we did lots of work, pushing and pulling, and we finished with our swim circuit of the Swim Pull, the Skierg, and the swim cords. That always leaves me huffing like I need an EMT and oxygen.

After breakfast, I took a nap. Yes, I went back to sleep. I was tired, and Spring Break has come just in the nick of time. Later, I went out for a shuffle and went 2.36 miles. That wasn't much, but I got my second workout of the day and my 159th straight day in a row of running.

Yes, I went to the pool. John was out. I pondered several workouts. I was thinking of a long warmup with a longish swim for time, then some backstroke work, then a long cool down for big yards. But I was tired and for me that brings the temptation to quit after sets. So I settled on what I usually do on Fridays: a straight swim. I went 5,700 yards in one hour and fifty one minutes. Not bad. I could have gone farther, but I always want to leave a little in the tank for next week's progression. How far up will I go? I'm not sure. Since I am not doing the Chicot Challenge this year, I don't need low-end endurance beyond what I have now. But I like that kind of training, and having endurance for all-day swimming is never a bad thing.

So it was a strong day. I lifted, ran, and swam. For the week, my swimming is over 16,000. Will I go for the big 20,000? Stay tuned to see. Praise God that it is within reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment