Monday, March 14, 2022

I'm Zane Hodge, and This Is 20/20

Actually, this is my weekly review, my BBU whatever the number is. The 20/20? I'll get to that later. First, I started the week with lifting, running 1.62 miles, and swimming for 3,500 yards. Not a bad day.

Tuesday we lifted again. On the road, I was still not doing much. I went 1.67. In the pool, however, I hit 3,450 yards.

Wednesday was more lifting and another little run of 1.14 miles. I don't remember why I was hitting such low numbers on the road, but I continued with a solid 3,500 in the pool.

Thursday we slept in. Finally, I shuffled a bit more, 4.28 miles. In the pool, I did a relatively short 2,300.

Friday is big day, endurance day. We lifted push and pull, and I ran 2.36 miles. John cancelled on the swim, while I went for an hour and fifty-one minutes straight getting 5,700 yards.

Saturday is long run day. I went 9.09 miles finally doing some real running. Penny wanted me to take her truck and get her gas when I went to the pool. So I did some math and saw that I need 3,300 meters, or 3,700 yards, to make 20,000 in the pool. I went for it and finished with 3,700.

Sunday I only went out for a short 1.01 run.

For the week, I 

  ran 21.17 miles
  swam 20,153 meters, 
  lifted weights five times,
  spun none on the bicycle, and
  Skiergged 20:20

So I pulled off what I used to think was the gold standard of aerobic conditioning: a 20-mile run week coupled with a 20,000 meter swim all in seven days. Ironically, I also Skiergged 20:20. How about that? 

It was a good week for Quadrathon which is rapidly approaching us. I need, however, to do some bicycle training. 

Thank you, Jesus, for good health, good training partners, and good discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment