Monday, June 27, 2022

6/20 - 6/26

It was another less than stellar week with my training partner out of town and Penny and I spending lots of time trying to finish moving. Huh? I thought y'all finished moving. Well, actually, we finished moving out, but we have not finished moving in.

Monday, I rode an easy 11.4 miles on the bicycle. I spent a good bit of time trying to move in, specifically, get my books arrainged.

Tuesday, I lifted weights, push and pull, swam 3,050 yards, and ran 2.11 miles. That was a decent day but nothing was world class.

Wednesday, I rode 17.29 miles and hit the legs at Plate City. I did one of those weight/treadmill workouts that I have become fond of. I finished with 1.39 miles of running in and around several hard sets of squats. Also, I went to the pool and hit a solid 3,400 yards.

Thursday, I only did one thing: swim and I did little of that. My shoulder flared up so I stopped after 1,250 yards of mostly backstroking. 

Friday I did no training, but I did move a lot of books.

I lounged late Saturday before I went out for a run at 3:00 p.m. The heat index was 105. Yes, I enjoyed the run. Maybe it was because I have not been running much lately. I knew I needed a longish run to put some endurance back into my legs. And since I have not been beaten down by the hear over the past few weeks, I enjoyed being out there moving for that long. But that war all the training I did that day.

For the week, I

rode 28.69 miles,
swam 7,036 meters,
lifted weights two times (!?!?!?), and
ran 11.71 miles

The cycling was a little low. The swimming was a little low. The running was a little low. The lifting was a little low. I think that means the week a little low. Maybe this week I can bust it out big and have a week that is really high. Lord help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment