Saturday, June 11, 2022

Choose

The great move continues, and my training continues. To suffer. Yesterday, I spent the day at the old place. For the past twenty-five months I have been moving books. For the past two weeks, that's almost all I've done with the exception of Quadrathon and the swim meet. I think I finished, but I'm like Pavlov's dog, and I can't really believe it. I can't accept it. I don't feel free. 

There is still some stuff in the house. Maybe when all of that is out, I will feel like it's finally over. We are close, and I want the freedom to choose to do something totally worthless like get in my truck and drive for hours only stopping to buy hamburghers and coffee. I want to be able to choose to drive to Little Mountain at Jeff Busby State Park and run up and down that hill. I want to be able to choose to stay in bed most of the day and hang with the cats, drink coffee, type on a computer. I want to be able to choose to go to the pool and swim until I can't take it anymore. I want to choose.

Speaking of swimming, that is all the training I did yesterday. I chose to do a pretty compilicated practice. I chose to swim

  3,100 1:00:08 (1:56)
  200 back 4:49
  total: 3,300 yards = 3,016 meters

Today, Penny and Andrea and Paul Turner are going to try to finish up. I have a funeral out of town. All I will do between now and then is prepare. Then I am going to choose to do something. Maybe I will choose a nap. Maybe I will choose Plate City. 

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment