Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Three out of Four

Tuesday I had a good training day, but I did not swim. Tyler and I rode early, and I got in 17.24 miles. Back home, I blogged and lounged awhile before heading out into the heat to run. 

It was hot but not the crazy hot of Monday. Tuesday's dewpoint was 71. Monday's was 76. When the dewpoint hits 74 or more, you had better be careful. It doesn't matter what the temperature is, with high dewpoints, you suffer outdoors. I ran 5.27 miles. Yes, I got hot, but that was good training.

After lunch, I went to Plate City. It was time for some pulling. While working out, I mowed the front lawn between sets and moved some blocks. To deal with the 93 degree temps, I turned on the big fan and would stand in front of it. Yes, it helped a lot.

When all of that was over, I was pretty much gassed out. I lay around and tried to encourage myself to go to the pool. Then I received a text from Vicki that they would not let her swim at Twin Rivers big pool. Someone found something unsavory in it. When I asked about the little pool, she said people were in it. That was the out I needed. There was no energy left, and when energy goes out of town, desire leaves with it.

So I did three workouts but no swimming. Hey, how mad can you get about that? Not a bad day. But there was another bad/good thing about it. My boss texted me about teaching Summer II. Huh? I wanted off this summer. It would be a good payday, but to me time is more important than money. I asked for twenty-four hours to think about it. That expires today. Sigh. Two classes. If I do it, I could buy some gym equipment and save some money.

Help me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment