Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Bull's Eye

Boy did I sleep well last night. I got up at 6:26 to use the bathroom. I had been asleep at 6:25. That's unusual to me. I normally wake up around 6:00 or before and never go back to sleep. Not this time. And over the years I have noticed that sleep at that time of the morning is the best.

Little wonder that I rested so well. I was tired, worn out from a day of workouts and other activity. If I missed the target several times last week, I drilled the bull's eye Monday. I started with rising at 5:17 to get ready for workout number one. Tyler, Vicki, and I rode out Money Road for a total of 20 miles. While out there, I was pulling and heard the unmistakable sound of bicycles crashing onto the pavement. Tyler and Vicki both went down, but fortunately the speed was slow since I was the one in front. Several cars and trucks passed, maybe eight. One stopped to check on them. That's about right.

When I got home, I changed clothes, hopped in my truck, and found a high gear. I went to the pastors' breakfast in Winona. That might be the last time I get to do that in months. I am supposed to teach summer school starting in July and regular school starts back in August.

After the ride and after the breakfast, I resumed work on the mountain of books under the carport. The mountain is down to a small hill now. I worked on that for the rest of the morning, and now I am almost finished. I still have some books on the back seat of my truck, some ring binders under the carport, and a pile on the floor of the outbuilding. The pile on the floor is so large that the lawnmower slept in Plate City last night. But today I should finish. This project has been like painting the old house. I never thought I could finish, but thanks be to "God who teacheth my fingers to war." By the grace of God, I am going to finish, and next summer my training will be off the chain. 

After lunch, I blogged and rested before getting up to go to Plate City. I did a mild push workout at the City for my second one of the day. It was not as hot out there as it has been lately, but it was still hot. Pee Wee didn't move around much.

I took a very short run for my third workout. I only went 1.29 miles, but bear in mind that I already did 20 on the bicycle. The third workout plus the heat made it real. Besides, there was still the late afternoon left, and I had plans for that.

The plans were to meet Tyler at the pool if it rained. He plays church softball and their first game was scheduled for that night, but he hoped for a rainout. He didn't get it so I was alone. Actually, Bubba Nause was in the pool when I arrived. Remember that last week I had that shoulder flareup so I didn't know how it would go. I took it easy and swam a slow 1,350. Then I did 300 on my back for a total of 1,650 yards. I decided to leave well enough alone and went home.

That was four full workouts, and I was like a good grilled steak: I was done. Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment