Sunday, June 19, 2022

Hope

I haven't had a normal Saturday in I don't know when. This past one was no exception. We buried John Misterfeldt yesterday. .I can't remember why I missed his wife's, Patsy's. funeral. I think I was teaching that day. 

I was pleasantly surprised at the prettiness, and quaintness of the cemetery in Richland. Patsy and John have a nice headstone on the top of a hill that overlooks a pretty neighborhood. I rode down with Jim and Cynthia Philips and back with Hal and Virginia Williams. Both trips were enjoyable.

I was also pleased when John's physician, Paul Sheffield, showed up. John thought he was the best doctor in the world and spoke of him often. After the funeral, Hal drove me to the house where John grew up. It's on old Highway 49 and there is a huge sign announcing the Historic Misterfeldt house. That was John's granddad. John grew up next door.

Back home, I needed and took a nap. Then I had to make some choices. Do I run, swim, or lift. I had not time and energy for all three. I chose the gym and hit a pull and deadlift workout. It was hot out there. Even Pee Wee was suffering. But I did it and pulled some real weight in the deadlift.

Now I'm looking forward to next week when I hope to get in some big numbers in all disciplines. Thank God for hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment