Sunday, June 26, 2022

Shot Long

If I missed the target Thursday, and failed to even shoot Friday, I fired a long shot over the bow of the lazy ship Saturday. Heck, I think I hit the moon.

For the first time in I don't know how many weeks, I had a normal Saturday. I used it several ways. Number one, I studied for Sunday morning. While doing that, I drank my share of coffee and yours too. Why not?

Next, I worked on the book pile under the carport. I made some progress. Now I am thinking that one day I will actually finish. Next year, I am not going to be moving, I am not going to be fooling with books, I am going to be training. Yehaa.

I dragged out for a run around 3:00 p.m. Actually, it was exactly 3:00 when I started. The temperature was 98 and the dewpoint 68 for a heat index of 105. I had not run long in weeks. I went 8.21 miles, and I really did enjoy it. I needed to put some endurance back into my legs. When I was nearing the end, an oldish woman pulled up to me and rolled her window down. She gave me a look like I was unbalanced or something. "Do you know how hot it is out here?" she asked. 

Penny told me my response was less than proper. "It was 98 when I started," was my answer. If that is a smart aleck answer, then I am a smart aleck. OK, I am. She turned into a drive a little bit ahead of me. When she exited her car, I told her, "Thank you."

"Be careful," was her response.

I needed a session at Plate City, but the Ole Miss ballgame came on. I know, I have a TV at the gym, but my seat was good, the room cool, and I just could not make it happen. I never thought I would pull for the School Up North the way I did, but I enjoyed the game immensly. Yehaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment