Monday, March 27, 2023

3/20 - 3/26

I hit it hard in the water last week. I ran some and lifted some. But not as much as I needed to. 

Monday I got busy but I don't remember with what. I swam 3,500 yards, but did not push through to any other exercise. Wait, I think it was Over 60s that knocked out the rest of my training.

Tuesday, I ran 6.1 miles and swam 3,550 yards. Also I made it to Plate City for some Pee Wee time and both a push and pull session. That was a productive day.

The mid-week found me in the water for another 3,400 yards, but on the road for only 1.64 miles. Thursday was not much better. I swam 3,400 yards and then mowed the front lawn. I did not lift nor did I run. I had a little issue with one of my legs so I let it rest.

Rest from the road continued Friday, but not in the water. At the pool, I went 4,000 yards straight. In the gym, I did push and pull and petted Pee Wee. 

Saturday was the Viking Half Marathon and 5K. I shuffled a slow time, but I did it and I beat one of the fat ladies. I did not, however, beat them all. In the afternoon, I went to the City for only the third time this week and did legs (yes, after a half), and I also hit the shoulders a little bit.

For the week, I

lifted weights three times,
ran 20.9 miles, and
swam 17,850 yards or 16,314 meters

The swimming is coming on. The running, not so much. I have, however, put in some good miles on the road. I have run a full marathon, a 50K, and a half-marathon this year. But I still shuffle like an old man. Maybe that's because I am an old man. But I'm still out there. Too stubborn to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment