Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Only Three Weeks Left

No, I didn't get up. I'm lazy like that. I had thought, as I usually do, to rise a great little while before day and go out and run. On Mondays I always scheme like this because I am more rested then than ever. But usually, I stay true to my character and remain in bed. Sleep is so sweet. 

After work, however, I did not play around. I changed cloathes and went straight to the pool. There, we swam

  1,100
  10 X 25 no breath
  100 easy
  5 X 50 medium with medium paddles
  2 X 25 drill
  500 for time (8:38)
  50 easy
  100 easy
  4 X 50 @ 2:00
  350 Vicki's cooldown
  250 back with small paddles
  150 25/25 free/back
  150 small paddles
  total: 3,650 yards

That's a real practice right there. It has volume, intensity, drills, and stroke work. I was disappointed in my 500 time. But we were 1,800 in before we started that. 

Back home, I rested some, snacked a little, and eventually made my way to the City. Pee Wee was happy, and I was tired. I did push and pull. Both? Yes. We have several night-time engagements this week which will make training difficult. I also did some treadmill running while out there, so it was a two-fer. On my feet, I only did 1.36 miles, but that is better than a poke in the eye. On the weights, I minimalized things, but by cranking the swim volume up every week, I will by necessity have to reduce to volume in the gym a little bit. We are racing towards Biloxi where we will race. I want to be ready, confident, and successful. Counting this week, we only have three weeks of training before taper week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment