Thursday, March 30, 2023

The Get Good

What a week. Tuesday and Thursday we, Penny and I, have events at night. Monday and Wedenesday are my long days at work. Training is taking a hit, but I'm doing the best I can. Wednesday, Vicki and I hit it hard in the pool. We swam

  1,250 25:17
  200 for time 3:19
  250 easy
  5 X 100 @ 2:30
  200 easy
  100 easy
  7 X 50 @ 2:00
  100 easy
  6 X 25 no breath
  200 Vicki's cooldown
  200 back with small paddles
  total: 3,500 yards

That was a good practice, but I didn't end there. After some rest, I went to the City. It was leg night, but since I am racing a 5K Saturday, I went easy on them. I only did two light sets of squats, some work on the hip ab/adductor machine, and some treadmill running. On the mill, I totaled 1.74 miles.

So I did three, but not three big ones. I guess you can tell that I am priortizing the swim right now. No duh! I have a couple of pool meets coming up, then Pool Fools, and after that the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. 

You might also have noticed that my 200 time was not that good. I chalk that up to heavy training. I hope I am right. I should be in shape. The yards are in the bank. I think, however, that I need to focus more on the 100s. That is where the get good is. Lord, help me get to the get good. And thank you for keeping me healthy to have a shot at the get good.

No comments:

Post a Comment