Thursday, March 23, 2023

Be Good

It was one of those days. Thank God for those days. Wednesday is my second long day of the week. But I love it because the day after Wednesday is Friday. Who doesn't love a Friday. Well, I got off work and had to take care of some sort of business. I am a little worried that I can not remember what I had to do. Anyway, after I did what I can't remember I did, I went to the pool. Vicki was out and I was tired. I already knew what that meant. It meant no tough intervals, no lung-busting repeats. It meant just trying to stay in the water long enough to get some decent distance in. So I swam

  3,000 1:02:03
  4 X 25 no breath
  4 X 50 back with small paddles
  100 small paddles
  total: 3,400 yards

Again, there was no quality there, but to get some volume in is 1,000 times better than nothing. Well, maybe only 900 times better, but it's definitely better.

"Are you going to the gym?" she asked after I came home from the pool.

That was my wife's question. I told her "No, but I am running."

Since I had done both push and pull Tuesday, and since I have delayed my leg day until late Saturday afternoon (because of the Viking Half Marathon this weekend), the City was out. So I hit the road and did my little shuffle. To my chagrin, my legs felt terrible. I think I recovered better when I took my protein shake after running. I only did 1.64 miles, and I was done, done as a cheap steak cooked on a too hot grill by a drunken Jim Bob. Yeah, that done.

That was my day. I ate supper, hung out with River (CC is still acting funny), and studied for class Thursday. God is good. Life is good. I am good trying to be good. By the grace of God, I am good. Be good, in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment