Friday, March 17, 2023

There Is Pee Wee to Answer to

Thursday was a pretty good day at Casa de Hodge. Well, maybe it was a good day from Casa de Hodge. We, Vicki and I, had a little trouble getting into the pool. We went in at our usual time, but two water exercisers were in and two kids were about to recieve swimming lessons. Debbie tried to get us to swim anyway. We could have, but we had some tough sets planned. If there are other people in the pool, I don't mind swimming if all I am doing is easy swimming. But if I am going all-out on some serious sets, I don't want kids in the pool. I can't see but about two feet ahead of me and kids don't move quickly in the water.

So we made plans to meet at 4:30. Consequently, I went home and ran. I did 5.8 miles and then went in to eat and rest before swim practice.

I then recieved a text at 4:00 that some kids were in the pool. We decided to meet at 5:00. They were still there at 5:00, but we decided to start warming up with the hopes that the pool would be cleared by set time. It worked and we swam

  1,000 (19:08)
  50
  50
  500 for time (8:18)
  50
  100
  500 1st, 3rd, and 5th hundred fast (9:00)
  450 Vicki's cooldown
  400 medium paddles
  4 X 25 no breath
  100 easy
  total: 3,350 yards

So it was difficult to make happen, but we made it happen. Do you remember the last two times I swam a 500 for time? I'll jog your memory: 8:44 and 8:41. So 8:18 indicates that I am becoming more fit. What do I need to swim before the meet? I need to get to single digit 8:_ _. I think I only once ever broke 8:00 in training, but I swim below that in the meet. 

By the time all of this happened and I was back home almost relaxed, Penny brought me supper. After that, it was pretty late, I was pretty tired, and I had little incentive to go to the City. I didn't. But it was still a good day. I have had four strong days of swimming and four good days of running. I fell off the wagon on lifting yesterday, but by the grace of God, I will get back in the saddle today (How is that for a mixed metaphor?). If I don't, there is Pee Wee to answer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment