Thursday, March 2, 2023

Only Time Will Tell

The pace clock came it. Just in time to take it to the pool (fragement intended). I swam 

  1,500 29:56
  6 X 100 @ 2:00
  200 small paddles
  8 X 50 @ 1:30
  2 X 75 medium paddles
  4 X 25 no breath
  total: 3,000 yards

That was a solid practice. With the clock, I intended to swim at least one more 100 than the last time I swam 100s. That was last week, when I swam 100s and I did five of them then with :30 rest. In this practice, I swam six @ 2:00 which was about ten seconds less rest. So, I felt pretty good about that. Also, I swam with paddles for the first time in months. The reason for that is my straps were shot. When I ordered the clock, I also ordered new straps (tubing) to re-strap my paddles. I like paddles. On the 50s, I used the clock to swim them @ 1:30. That was enough rest to help me keep the pace fast without gassing. In short, I was motivated by the clock and used it to have a really good practice.

After practice, I rested then went out for a short run. I only did 2.18 miles. I really don't feel fit right now. My good friend, Charlie Turner, suggested maybe I should sit this one (Saturday's 50K) out. That makes a lot of sense. I'll be on the starting line, however, and time will only tell how it will go.

Since Wendesday is leg day, I did not lift. When I do legs before a race, it is on Monday. This time, no leg work at all this week. Maybe that will help my legs freshen. Is that the problem? I don't know, only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment