Friday, March 31, 2023

Tight Day

Thursday was another tight day, but it also began the weekend. Yehaa. After work, I got myself into the pool as fast as possible. I knew that some swim lessons were planned for that afternoon, but I did not know for what time. Also, Penny and I had a Pastors' Banquet that night at 6:30 in Winona. So there would be not time to spare if I were to get my swim goals completed.

Vicki and I had planned to meet at the pool, but she had to take her son to the hospital, thus I had to go it alone. I was swimming by 1:55. I did

  1,300 26:36
  15 X 100 @ 2:30
  700 small paddles
  100 back
  total: 3,600 yards

That is a pretty good practice to pull off without a training partner. The 15 X 100 is the kind of thing that is difficult to do alone. God, however, put the fire in my belly. I did them all in the 1:32 to 1:36 range. Then I was out of there before anyone else ever came through the door, so I didn't have to power down and try to survive just to get some yards in.

After that it was home and to get ready to go. Penny suggested that we leave early and drive through Blackhawk, so we did. My goodness, the devestation there is mind boggling. I didn't take any pictures. We were in a bit of a hurry. I wasn't sure how long it was going to take to get back to 82 and then on to Winona. Turns out that we made it a bit early. We had a nice supper and some really good fellowship. No running and no lifting, but my swim numbers are good. So is life. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment