Saturday, August 4, 2012

Friday and Saturday

Friday I went to Twin Rivers about 8 a.m. and once again I got swarmed by kids and had to cut another swim short. Before the kids invaded, I did:

1,300
700 kick with fins
400 swim with fins
2 X 50 @ 1:30 with fins
100 easy with fins
Total: 2,600 meters

I didn't feel to bad about leaving early since I was a bit tired from my back-to-back marathon swims. Before lunch I ran 2.01 miles, and after lunch I did a huge upper body weight session.

Saturday was Greenwood's Bikes, Blues, and Bayous. It's a straight bike ride. Not being in bike shape, I signed up for the 46-mile ride instead of the 58-mile route. While waiting for the start, one of my buddies talked me into the 58. Then he and his son took off and left me. I felt unsure of myself but pretty early in the ride I hooked up with Duke Morgan, Not Wheeler, and Ben Bailey, all from the Cleveland area. These guys are currently just a little stronger than me. I wound up drafting them the whole way. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment