Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday Summary

It was a pretty good week of training, but tomorrow I go back to work and face the difficulty of getting everything done. Some of my classes are full and some are empty. I am both excited and dreadful. The only thing that bothers me about teaching is students who are there for some reason other than education. Below are my totals for the week.

I swam so far at the pond, even the catfish got tired
Run - 15.79
Swim - 42,564 meters
walk - 3.57
bike - none
weights - 1X UB

For swimming, that represents my all time high by a little over 2,000 meters with my previous best being 40,200. I hope this gives me a fitness boost. Usually when I do something really crazy, it makes a difference. Also I got in two practices of 10,000 meters or more, making 11 so far since I opened serious training after January 1st. For the year, I am 149,000 meters (92 miles) over last year, and last year was the biggest swim year of my life. I hope to get in around 35,000 next week. We (Randy and I) are now in the critical countdown in our Swim the Suck training. The event, Oct. 6, is about eight weeks out. Saving for a two week taper, that leaves us with only six weeks to train. I am fit enough to do the swim today, but I want to break my last year's time be several minutes. I should be on track to do that. This year, Besides doing the most swimming of my life, I have done the longest swim of my life (13.94 miles), the biggest training week (this week with 42,564 meters), broken several of my pool records, and taken my weight lifting to new heights. My running is even ahead of last year. I short, I am gunning for a good swim at this year's Suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment