Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday Tempo

Tuesday has become my tempo day if you can really call it that. I'm trying not to do any fast running now because of the risks of injury, but I can't help but throw in a multi-paced effort every now and then. For the last two weeks, I have done some squats before my Tuesday run. It makes a huge difference, and I am thinking I should get a good training effect from it because I'm running on tired legs from the outset. I did 15 X 0 and 9 X 50 and then immediately left shuffling towards the Tallahatchie Bridge. My first leg was 2.51 at a miserable 11:15 pace. Leg two  was .75 miles at a 9:17 pace, which for me right now is almost a true tempo. Leg three was a shuffling 1.8 at 12:27. It's hard to admit that I ambulated that slow but that was what my Garmin said. The last leg was a gentle .74 walk for a total run of 5.06 miles and running and .74 miles of walking.

I didn't make it to the grandchildren's house. At DSU, I swam 5,100 SCYs which converts to 4,661.4 meters. There is no way I can remember everything Cagri made us do. His practices are long and convoluted and most of the time I just have to keep a running total in my head. I do remember a 4 X 300 pull set where we descended by 100s. Folowing that was a 4 X 200 swim set on :20 rest that descended by 200s. I recorded my 200s at: 3:03, 2:58, 2:59, and 2:52.

No comments:

Post a Comment