Saturday, August 18, 2012

Tough Times

This is where we swim.
I started the week with a strong push to put in some mega swimming distance. Thursday's mishaps, however, started putting the breaks on my well-laid plans. I visited my grandchildren and then drove to the DSU pool only to discover that I had left my swimming equipment at home. What?! Who does that? I drove back to Greenwood and went to Twin Rivers only to be frightened out of the pool by lightening after only 1,600 meters.

Friday, I went to the cabin. Like last week, the sky was overcast and the weather cool. I ran 6.37 miles and walked 1.04. The running, finally, is starting to come around. I had planned to go to the pool, but somehow I never made it.

Saturday morning I met Randy at PD. We swam 8.06 miles and ran 2.1. We intended to ride our mountain bikes on the gravel roads around the ponds, but it rained a lot and was so sloppy we gave up on that idea. This was my twelfth 10K+ swim this year. Last year, including the Suck, I only did eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment