Friday, March 13, 2015

Day Five

Day five started like all the other days this week, with rain. I am going to enjoy the sunshine when if it ever comes. I went to get Ollie, but she never came to the door. Why does no one ever tell me these things? I would love to be able to stay in bed some mornings. But no, that will never happen.

I didn't have a lot planned, just to swim until my arms fell off. It would be too wet to do anything else on Plate City, and I thought my legs might need the day off. I am still insecure about my ability to stay healthy right now. It takes awhile to get over that. Plus I am having some sensations that set me on edge. I don't remember having these when I stress fractured my tibia. Maybe I did, but I don't remember them. So when I have some of these strange feelings-- and I am having them in boot feet-- I get nervous and think the sky is falling.

Before I left for DSU, I checked my email and found a nefarious message from work that put me in a sour mood and necessitated me going by the Registrar's Office at Delta State and spending a lot of time there, time that I had planned to use swimming. When I finally did make it to the pool, I was delighted to see they had converted to long course. Praise God for that. I was horrified, however, to find that they were not only still pressure washing the floor, but the washer was now fully INSIDE the building. Yes, some doors were open, but dude, it was sickening, the fumes. I did swim, but left early and vowed to never repeat a swim with a pressure washer. I choked through

2,200 41:37
4 X 50 @ 1:00
8 X 100 @ 2:30
100 easy
total: 3,300 long course meters.

Then I went home and started hanging out with Luvie and waiting on my bride to get in. We are going out to eat, the highlight of my week.


No comments:

Post a Comment