Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day Two

Tuesday, March 9th, was the second day of Endurance Week, and I call it a success. I went to DSU and met Ricky Smith there. Like me, he is a Masters swim refugee this week and got off work today so he could get in at least one swim. On the way, I stopped off at Coleman 1-- a large pond I have swum that lies adjacent to one of the highways I drive to DSU-- and took a temperature reading. It was 49. The weather has finally warmed up, but we have no sun, and the water will stay cold until we get some sunshine. Maybe next week.

Ricky and I swam

1,150 warm up
6 X 100 RIM @ 2:30
4 X 200 r:30 2nd 50 and last 25 hard
100 easy
6 x 50 with pull buoy between ankles
6 X 50 @ 1:00 first three 25 hard/25 easy; 2nd three 25 easy/25 hard
Ricky cooled down 200 easy and left. I swam
1,400 more in 24:57 for a 
total: 4,650 yards = 4,250 meters.

It was a pretty good swim, though I did get tired on the last set. Also, I think I consumed far too much exhaust from the pressure washer Jake was using to clean the tile floor. Yes, he had it in a doorway with the exhaust pointed outside. But I could smell the engines output from the start. Did I mention that I drove home with a headache. I almost never have a headache. I hope he is through with that.

Before heading home I went to Skene, hugged my grandchildren, and petted Smu. If it had been sunny I may have stayed. We could have thrown rocks or walked to the airport. But with the leaves off the trees and the sky overcast, the delta is bleak, and I wanted to get back to town. Normally I love the county, but the delta in the winter has always been depressing to me. I can't take it. Town hides the hideousness of the countryside.

At home I put my running clothes and shoes on and headed out the door. I felt pretty good and I shuffled the longest of my comeback: 4.15 and walked .45 miles.

Tomorrow I plan to do it all again. With the rain, I have not been able to do anything to Plate City. Maybe later. I'm just trying to enjoy the weather as God provides it. I just wish He would provide us some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment